CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR
SSA GLOBAL COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
The SSA Global Board is announcing Call for Applications for the SSA Global Communications Coordinator position.
All Global positions are for a two-year term. Members may reapply for a further two-year term and will be considered along with other applicants. All SSA positions, including positions on the SSA Global Board, are volunteer positions for SSA members.
Below you will find the position description. In order to apply to any of these positions, candidates must submit a letter of interest and a CV to Elsa Scheffler, SSA Global Coordinator (SSAemail@example.com) and Anisa Haddad, SSA Ex-Officio Global Coordinator (SSAfirstname.lastname@example.org) before Tuesday, February 28, 2017.
Please note that the language used within the SSA and the Global Board is English. It is a requirement for all Global Board applicants to be fluent in English (written and spoken).
SSA GLOBAL COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR POSITION DESCRIPTION
The SSA Global Communications Coordinator position entails:
- Membership on the SSA Global Board
- Defining an effective marketing and communication strategy for the SSA directed at SSA Members as well as Schlumberger employees
- Voting on SSA policies as a member of the SSA Global Board
- Bringing support to all Area Coordinators in terms of communication and marketing tools
- Working closely with the SSA Global Coordinator, SSA Global Webmaster and Area Coordinators to ensure relevant information is passed onto spouses/partners
- Having all published materials reviewed by the SSA Global Coordinator
- Working closely with the Global Webmaster and Web support team in general
- Main administrator and contact for the SSA Global Community Facebook Group
The SSA Global Communications Coordinator is responsible for:
- Preparing and submitting a Global Board member budget to the Global Coordinator by August 31st of each year for the upcoming year.
- Translating the strategy in a year-based marketing plan including SSA promotional campaigns, electronic or printed communications, marketing projects
- Generating the Wayfarer Newsletter covering the six Schlumberger Areas including Global content, as part of the year-based marketing plan
- Managing, with the Global Coordinator, the Ex-Officio Global Coordinator, and Global Secretary, the revisions and updates of SSA Guidelines
- Attending SSA Global Board meetings
- Designing/editing of marketing-driven materials (brochures, posters, articles, announcements, etc.) for the SSA either directly or through qualified advice to Local Chapters
- Upon approval by Global Coordinator and Schlumberger management, submitting articles for Schlumberger GeoMarket magazines
- Managing the global distribution of brochures and posters
- Communicating with internal company groups, such as InterChange and SEED, for enhanced specialty content
- Monitoring activity and posts of members on the SSA Global Community Facebook Group to ensure that all posts remain within the Social Media Etiquette Guidelines provided by SLB
- Updating the official SSA Chapters Member List with information provided from the Area Coordinators
- Handing over to incoming SSA Global Communications Coordinator
- Acts as main Administrator of the SSA Global Community Facebook Group. This includes inviting and approving requests of new members to the SSA Global Community Facebook Group
- Excellent communication skills
- Content development
- Public relations
- Desktop Publishing including layout and design