CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR
The SSA Global Board is announcing Call for Applications for the SSA Webmaster position.
The SSA Webmaster position is a volunteer technical role, overseeing the design and technical functionality of the SSA website – www.SSAfara.net. The SSA Webmaster performs remote administration on the SSA web server. This position is for a two-year term. SSA Webmaster may re-apply for a further two-year term and will be considered with other applicants with a maximum of two consecutive terms.
However, if there is an ongoing project, it is at the discretion of the SSA Global Board to extend her/his term. The SSA Webmaster works closely with the SSA Program Manager, SSA Web Content Editors and Schlumberger technical IT staff. Additionally, the Webmaster oversees volunteer SSA Technical Consultants.
All SSA positions, including positions on the SSA Global Board, are volunteer positions for SSA members.
Below you will find the position description. In order to apply to any of these positions, candidates must submit a letter of interest and a CV to Elsa Scheffler, SSA Global Coordinator (SSAfirstname.lastname@example.org) and Anisa Haddad, SSA Ex-Officio Global Coordinator (SSAemail@example.com) before Tuesday, February 28, 2017.
Please note that the language used within the SSA and the Global Board is English. It is a requirement for all Global Board applicants to be fluent in English (written and spoken).
The position of SSA Webmaster Coordinator entails:
- Membership on the SSA Global Board
- Voting on SSA policies as a member of the SSA Global Board
- Working closely with and providing regular updates to the SSA Global Coordinator
- Updating the SSA Global area content in the www.SSAfara.net Web portal
- Working closely with the Web Content Team
- Administration responsibilities for www.SSAfara.net web site
The SSA Webmaster is responsible for:
- Liaising with Schlumberger security regarding security processes
- Attending SSA Global Board meetings
- Communicating technology issues to the SSA Board
- Providing training to SSA local webmasters for posting content
- Keeping abreast of current technology
- Forming a team as needed to handle special projects
- The SSA Webmaster reports functionally to Schlumberger Enterprise Services Group – Core Services
- Preparing and submitting a Global Board member budget to the Global Coordinator by August 31st of each year for the upcoming year
- Handing over to incoming SSA Webmaster
- Acts as Administrator of the SSA Global Community Facebook Group
- LifeRay Enterprise
- Oracle 10i
- Apache Tomcat
- Portlet Technology
- Red Hat Linux
- Remote Systems Administration Java
- Some knowledge of firewalls, ports, networking
- User administration (management account, roles, permissions, etc.)
- An interest in emerging Internet technologies, including Social networking, cloud computing, Wikis, Blogs and RSS
ADDITIONAL DESIRED SKILLS
- Photoshop (or other image optimizing software)
- Graphic Design